Thursday, May 26, 2005

Our Flag Is Bigger Than Your Flag

I am humbled that someone who lives in a downtown loft actually reads this blog, and pleasantly surprised that anybody does. And for those who have taken the time to respond to my street-level observations, thank you for your interest.

I hope I haven't disappointed any readers by my dearth of entries lately. I've been busy ranting on my resurrected political blog, Media Mayhem.

One thing I noticed this week while walking down Market Street is that the Metropolitan Sewer District's American flag is three-times bigger than the nearby FBI field office's American flag, which proves that the sewer guys are three times more patriotic.

By the way, standing in front of Milles Fountain, across from Union Station, you can see six flags furling along Market. I remember when I worked at Anheuser-Busch, there were nine flags between the parking lot and the entrance to the Bevo plant.


That's one of the many things I liked about Quebec. Fewer flags. Most of them in front of post offices where they belong.